MONKEYPOX TOWN HALL MEETING THIS TUESDAY AUGUST 9, 2022
Ignore Sept. 6th date on the Meeting Registration
A town hall meeting on monkeypox in the Coachella Valley this Tuesday, August 9th @ 6pm on Zoom
As part of our Positive Life Series HARP-PS is convening a public town hall meeting with county & state public health officials and our local providers to inform the community about monkeypox in the Coachella Valley. This will be a bi-weekly meeting so stay tuned for future invitations.
Since the outbreak, 42 confirmed cases of Monkeypox have been identified in Riverside County, all of which are centered in the Coachella Valley. This number is growing on a daily basis.
Here is the zoom link to join the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meetin...
Much like the early days of COVID, this is an emerging situation, and we are doing our best to educate our community in real time to help keep ourselves and our community safe. In the meantime, below are some vetted resources you might find helpful. As get more information, we'll be sure to share that via HARP's website and social media.
Hope to see you Tuesday evening--and invite your friends.
Thanks, and stay safe!
Public-Facing Resources for LGBTQ+ communities:
- Riverside County Public Health Monkeypox webpage
- Harm-reduction messaging on how to lower chances of getting monkeypox during Pride events (CDC)
- Building Healthy Online Communities Resources, including Health Alerts in English and Spanish
- Monkeypox: Get the Facts Flyer (CDC)
- Social Gatherings, Safer Sex, and Monkeypox Fact Sheet (CDC)
- Summer 2022 Health Tips for Gay and Bi Men: Palm Card with QR Code linking to information on monkeypox, meningococcal disease, HIV, STIs, and COVID (CDC)
- What Gay & Bisexual Men Need to Know About Monkeypox in English and Spanish (CDPH, Gay Sexuality and Social Policy Initiative, and Los Angeles LGBT Center)